Monday, February 20, 2012

What's the deal with Converse?

So I recently carried out a survey about Converse shoes. I had an inclination that the reason people wear converse was because they go with everything. Through my research I actually proved myself wrong. I asked 6 questions and posted them on facebook for people to answer. When I got the results I made wordles of some of the answers. 



What word comes to mind when you see [Converse]:
People see Converse as something for the younger generation and yet still Classic. Currently Converse has gone for the "We are for everyone" attitude and have been around forever. Looking at the results, it's interesting to see that the two most answered words were school and classic. Maybe Converse should create a campaign pushing for a completely new image that is a hybrid between the two. Of course, staying from "Old School" that is.


Question: Would you recommend Converse All-Stars to a friend? If not, why not? People really had these answers all of the place. The big ones were that they were for kids, they are not their style, they're not waterproof, no support and they are a mismatch.


In what television show would you most like to be a cast member? From this, I realize that most of my Facebook friends who answered the survey enjoyed comedies. If a campaign were to come from this, a comedic style would be the best choice. 


This is only the beginning of my exploration into the Converse brand. be excited for more soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment