Monday, February 13, 2012

Observations about the BART

So I went to BART this week and sat on various trains for an hour. I observed the people and environment and was pleasantly surprised. I wrote down everything I saw, in bold are the things I think are most noteworthy:

To the BART:
Person walking down the stairs (it's such a weird thing)
Everyone is on their phone
Even if people are waiting for the BART, they continue to walk along the railway
Clipper cards are popular

On the BART:
People are wearing headphones as much as earphones
The BART is so loud that no one talks
More than half of the riders are sleeping
Books and Kindles are popular

I noticed a couple of trends on the BART that went along with many of my observations:
Headphones
Kindles
Clipper card
Phone as a way to keep occupied
Hand Sanitizer

No comments:

Post a Comment